Lost access to a particular file on Windows Operating System?
No Problem!!! File recovery for Windows is here to get back your deleted or lost files right now. The software can perform data retrieval for Windows OS and from other different types of storage devices like memory cards (SD, XD, CF and MMC), USB drives, external hard drive (SATA, IDE and SCSI) and even from the iPods etc.
Here are some critical data loss scenarios:
- Accidentally deleted files from hard drive or any other removable storage device:
- If you have deleted the files from hard drive and then accidentally emptied the Recycle Bin then all the files moved to Recycle Bin are deleted resulting in data loss.
- If you have accidentally deleted the files using “Shift+Del keys” then they bypass the Recycle Bin hence, you cannot find the deleted files in Recycle Bin resulting in a loss of files
- You might have accidentally deleted the files from removable storage device when they are connected to the computer. When you delete files from removable storage device like memory cards or USB drive on the computer then they bypass the Recycle Bin resulting in data loss.
- File system corruption: File system which is used to access the files may get corrupted due to various reasons like virus attack, power failure, improper formatting of partition, abrupt system shutdown etc. When a file system gets corrupted then you may get error messages like “File or directory is corrupt”, “File system corruption of local disk C:” etc. In this case, you may not be able to access the data from the hard drive resulting in data loss
- Accidentally deleted or formatted the partitions
- You might have accidentally deleted the wrong partition using the Windows Disk Management utility instead of deleting the one that you want to delete. When the partitions are deleted, the file stored on those partitions get deleted leading to data loss
- If you have accidentally formatted the partitions instead of formatting other partition then you may lose the data. Formatting the partition creates the directory structure by deleting the entire data resulting in loss of data.
- Data inaccessible due to bad sectors in the drive: Bad sectors are the unusable areas of hard disk. These bad sectors can be caused by physical disturbances or configuration problems. Excessive read/write operations, viruses, sudden voltage surges, corrupted boot records etc. are the common causes for the creation of bad sectors in the hard drive. The bad sectors do not allow you to access the data located in the further sectors resulting in data loss.
Supported brands and types of storage devices
|HARD DRIVE BRANDS||MODELS|
|Seagate||FreeAgent, Replica, GoFlex, Barracuda etc.|
|Samsung||EcoGreen, S2 Portable, SpinPoint etc.|
|Western Digital||MyPassport Elements, MyPassport Elite, Caviar Green etc.|
|Hitachi||Life Studio, Touro Pro etc.|
|Buffalo||Stealth, Metro, MiniStation etc.|
|Maxtor||Maxtor One Touch II etc.|
|FLASH DRIVE BRANDS||MODELS|
|SanDisk||SanDisk XD-Picture, SanDisk Extreme Compact Flash, SanDisk USB Cruzer Fit, SanDisk Extreme Pro SDHC etc.|
|Transcend||Transcend microSDHC Class 4, Transcend JetFlash 500, Transcend USB 3.0 JetFlash 700, Transcend JetFlash 300, Transcend Class 10 microSDHC flash memory, Transcend Compact Flash 133x etc.|
|Kingston||Kingston SDHC Class 10 G2, Kingston HyperX Blu DDR3 memory stick, Kingston ValueRAM DDR3 memory stick, Kingston microSDHC Class 4, Kingston SO-DIMM DDR3 memory sticks etc.|
|Sony||Sony Memory Stick Pro Duo Mark2, Sony Memory Stick Duo, Sony microSDHC Class 4, Sony Compact Flash 133x etc.|
|Lexar||Lexar Professional Compact Flash 600x etc.||IPOD BRANDS||MODELS|
|Apple||iPod Classic, iPod Nano, iPod Shuffle etc.|
How to improve the chances of File Recovery For Windows?
- In order to increase the chances of Windows data restoration, immediately stop using the hard drive or any other storage device from where you lost or accidentally deleted the data. If you copy or save any data to the drive then the deleted or lost data get overwritten by new data resulting in permanent data loss. this will make data retrieval for Windows, impossible. using a recovery software.
- Install the file recovery for Windows tool and save the restored data on the healthy drive to avoid overwriting of files thereby avoid further data loss.
Some noteworthy features of File Recovery For Windows Tool
- Supports Windows data restoration of over 300 different types of files from the hard drives, flash drives, iPods etc.
- Restore data from RAID0, RAID1 and RAID 5 formatted partitions
- You can recover Outlook files deleted or lost from your Windows based computer
- Allows you to create disk images in order to bypass the bad sectors and then retrieves the data from disk image file
- Works well on FAT16, FAT32, NTFS, NTFS5 and ExFAT partitions of hard drive
- Restore Office 2007 files from Hitachi Deskstar hard disk on Win XP lost after accidental formatting
- Retrieved files can be viewed using either “File Type/ Data Type view” option to estimate the recovery results
- File recovery for Windows application also supports the recovery of files from a most popular storage device called the pen drive.
Simple steps to perform Windows data restoration
Step 1: Download and Launch File Recovery For Windows tool. Once the utility is launched, a main screen appears with 3 options i.e. “Recover Files”, “Recover Photos” and “Recover Partitions/Drives”. On the basis of your scenario, select one of the 3 options to retrieve the deleted or lost data
Figure A. Main Screen
Step 2: After that, from the next window select "Recover Deleted Files" or "Recover Lost Files" depending on your file loss scenario and then click on "Next" button to start data retrieval for Windows.
Figure B. Select Screen/p>
Step 3 : Now, select the storage device to start the data rtrieval process. Once you select the storage device, the software scans the entire storage device to find and restore the data. After files are restored, you can view them along with their necessary details
Figure C. File View
How to avoid data loss in the future?
- You must take a backup of essential data in order to avoid data loss
- Always turn off the system properly
- Use effective antivirus programs to remove viruses thereby avoid data loss due to viruses
- Before deleting any file or before formatting any partition, make sure that the file or the data stored in that specific partition is not essential to you